Thursday, August 27, 2015

Antwerp Arts and Architecture


In Belgium you can buy something through the train company called a go pass 10 with which for 55 euro: you can buy 10 passes between the major cities of Belgium which the time and location you fill in yourself (the standard ride costs six. The luxury of that for me (beyond the cost) is that you can show up to the station at whatever time you happen to get there and take the next available train toward your destination.




 I arrived in Antwerp a bit later than I had intended. After walking down an entire row of diamond shops I got the impression that the city is one with a particular propensity for luxury and fashion.  There was a prevailing African culture in the areas I was in.
  There was an orchestra performing in Rivierenhof park across the city with free admittance, so I was determined to find this place. It proved to be quite the task, but after multiple km of walking, I made it.  The ensemble played Spanish and Latin music impressive showmanship.


Bernard Orchestra








In the morning I returned to the train station for another look before I had to go find the location of my bus pickup to Rotterdam.
There is much more in Antwerp than I made it around to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment